Chicken noodle soup is a classic dish that everyone should know how to make. Here’s a traditional chicken noodle soup recipe, without the frills or any newfangled extras, that you can try this fall!
Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need to get started on this chicken noodle soup recipe.
- Cast iron pan with lid
- Large soup pot with lid
- Olive oil spray
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 glugs of olive oil
- 1 ½ cups diced white onion
- ¾ cup diced carrot
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 to 5 cloves mashed garlic
- 1 square-inch grated fresh ginger
- 6 cups chicken bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup dry noodles (or pasta of your choice)
- Finely chopped fresh parsley and/or cilantro as a garnish
Making this soup is so easy, and it takes just about one hour. Here's how to do it!
1. Start by pan-cooking the chicken breasts in olive oil spray. Once fully cooked, cool the chicken, and shred it with a fork. Set aside.
2. Moving on to the soup, sauté the onions, carrot, and celery in the olive oil at the bottom of the large soup pot on high. Cook, stirring occasionally, and after 1 to 2 minutes, add in the garlic and ginger. Continue stirring and cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Keep the burner on high; add the bouillon, salt and pepper, and bay leaves. Stir well, and cook until the soup begins to boil. Turn down the burner to medium-low or low, and cover.
4. Allow the soup to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, checking and stirring occasionally.
5. When the soup is nearly finished, remove the bay leaves and add in the noodles. Continue cooking until the noodles are cooked and the soup is finished. Alternatively, if you plan to eat the soup the next day or freeze it, cook the noodles separately. This will prevent them from bloating too much over time.
6. Bowl the soup and serve with fresh herbs.
Make your own delicious chicken noodle soup at our apartments in Raleigh! We may have floor plans still available with perfect kitchens for cooking. Contact our office for more information.